Saturday, April 12, 2008

Emergent Church musings...

So, I really wanted to go to this Emergent Church Conference this week but I had Influenza B. I was so sick, and didn't think I should infect people from across the country. Missed the entire conference, I was so bummed.
Anways, I spent the week reading a couple of Emergent Books: Generous Orthodoxy, Why We're Not Emergent, and started- althought its not probably Emergent material-Seeing Gray by Rev. Adam Hamilton.
I'm not sure what I think about Emergent, there's ALOT of stuff I like, some stuff I don't and much for the mind to ponder. I wish I was smarter to understand all the implications.

Bottom line: I'm finding people who support what I've been feeling (and quietly saying) for years:
I can be a liberal Christian and have Jesus as Savior -
I can live a social gospel and claim the resurrection as bodily.

Here's to the journey...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.